How to submit a Complaint
The National Contact Point (NCP), coordinated by SAIN-MF, has as its function, among others, to receive Complaints of non-compliance with the Guidelines. The purpose is to facilitate a mediated solution of the issues of the Complaint, which could be presented by any directly interested party, an individual or legal entity, including associations and employer’s and workers’ unions.
User: individual or legal entity
Means of Access
Telephones: +55 61 3412-4078,
Address: SAS Quadra 3 Bloco O, 10º Andar, Ed. Órgãos Regionais/MF.
Postal Code: 70079-900, Brasília-DF, Brazil.
Requirements to obtain services
1) Be a directly interested party in relation to the fact that originated the Complaint;
2) Forward the information specified bellow to the NCP, through e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) and physically (Ministério da Fazenda, Esplanada dos Ministérios, Bloco P, 2º floor, room 219, Postal Code 70048-900, Brasília-DF, Brazil);
Information to be provided
I – Identification of the complainant, names, addresses for mail, physical and electronic, phone numbers and fax, of the person (people) responsible for contact.
II – Identification of the Multinational Company, object of the Complaint, indicating the name of the representative in Brazil, address for mail, physical and electronic, phone number and fax;
III – Specification of which article(s) of the Guidelines are not or were not supposedly being followed by the Company;
IV – indication of how the Complaint reflects, even if only potentially, on the Complainant or the people by him represented;
V – description, if it is the case, of efforts made by the Complainant so that the Company solves the issues raised in the Complaint and the results of these efforts;
VI – copy of documents or information that could be used to understand the facts or circumstances that characterize the Complaint;
VII – specification of which materials are confidential.
2) not have sent the NCP another Complaint about the same fact;
3) not submit Complaints whose fact has been judged in a final decision; and
4) have acknowledgement of the fact in less than 12 months from the date of submission to the NCP.